We are an enterprise dedicated to engaging the disengaged through Culturally Relevant & Responsive Pedagogy. We have a primary desire to uplift street involved and/or marginalized youth.
OUR VOICES MATTER
TRAJECTORY OF SPIN EL POETA
Our proprietor is an international arts educator and Slam Poet with 10+ years workshop facilitation & guest speaker experience.
- Delivered arts education workshops with young offenders in open custody, providing supports to those interested upon release.
- Contributing artist and youth coordinator of the first Hip Hop As Critical Pedagogy module and Lesson Plan book
- Artist facilitator for the Diversity of Voices: Culturally Relevant and Responsive Pedagogy module through the Toronto District School Board.
- Arts based capacity building workshops for educators.
- Co-Founding artist and workshop facilitator with the Reztore Pride Hip Hop project delivering workshops thorughout Indigenous Territories in Ontario.
- Engaged over 50 students that received paid performance opportunities
- Over 1 000+ youth engaged in various capacities.
- Awarded by Peel Region school board for work at Gordon Graydon Memorial
- Recognized supporting artist to Creative Institute for Toronto's Young (CITY) Leaders
BOOK ONE MIC EDUCATORS for a workshops in your institution